Data Observability for Snowflake
Many organizations are using Snowflake as a single source of data: “Everything goes into Snowflake” whether from external sources or not. Regardless of how your organization is using Snowflake, Data Culpa Validator can help ensure data entering or leaving Snowflake is consistent and behaves as expected.
Data Culpa is a Snowflake Technology Partner
Get on the waitlist: Free data freshness monitoring with Data Culpa Fresh.
With Data Culpa Fresh, you can monitor your Snowflake tables to ensure that they are updating with regular cadence. Data Culpa Fresh learns the update patterns (daily, hourly, every other hour on Thursdays) and alerts you if data becomes stagnate, indicating that an upstream pipeline has failed. Monitor up to 10 tables for free and additional tables for just $1 per month.
Organize Your Data
Validator can monitor tables and views in Snowflake. Our open-source Snowflake connector can help organize data by querying only for new records. The Snowflake configuration is stored as a YAML file per Snowflake connection. The configuration can automatically map Snowflake objects into Validator watchpoints. You can scale Snowflake access with multiple connectors if needed.
On initial ingest, the Snowflake connector can set historic timestamps for old records when sending them to Validator so you can see an immediate view of your history over time. When Validator discovers an issue, we provide a way to generate a Snowflake SQL query to identify the target records in Snowflake so that you can easily point to those records in tickets or discussions with your colleagues.
- No-code integration. Use our open-source connector to integrate with Snowflake.
- Our connector has already been used at customers to check the quality of 100s of millions of records at customers
- Get alerts when your Snowflake data changes. Track data schemas, data volumes, and data values.
- Compare one day’s data to another day’s data.
- Compare one day’s data to the gold standard you’ve established for your Snowflake use case.
- Give even junior data engineers the visibility they need to catch problems quickly and easily.
- Accelerate troubleshooting and reduce MTTR.